How Embarrassing, More Importantly Disheartening It Could Be For You When You See Your Friends Preparing For Graduate Ceremony Like Rushing To University Book Store To Rent Cap, Gown, Hood Tassel While You Can’t Be A Part Of All This Since Your Thesis Was Not Approved?
Getting your thesis approved and celebrating the success with your friends, especially the moment when you receive your degree and raise your hands in the air to show it to everybody makes you feel like a hero.
But what if you fail to achieve it all even after working hard? It is certainly heart-broken. And it all happens because of your thesis.
Let’s see how you can write a winning thesis and join your friends in celebration.
8 Dynamic Tips On How To Write A High-Quality Thesis
1) Read And Analyze Other Thesis Before You commence Writing Your Own:
Go through some of the previous works in terms of the use of headings, structure, style, font and organization. It will help you to write and organize your thesis in a better way.
2) Start Writing Your Thesis With What You Know Best:It is not essential at all that you begin writing your thesis in order; you can organize it later on. It is better that you initiate with the areas you have the most knowledge of. Once you have started off, you can go about it quite comfortably.
After getting all the data, you can easily organize all the information in accordance with the chapters. Here is the stage where you can also find what lacks in your thesis. Now you can go about collecting the missing data and add it in the thesis.
3) Add Thesis Proposal Into Thesis Section:
You can take the advantage if you wrote a thorough thesis proposal. You can make some relevant changes in research methodology regarding tense from future to past. Make any other necessary changes so that it shows what you did. You can do the same with problem statement and literature review.
4) Keep The Name Of Places /People Real In First Thesis Draft:
You should use the real names of people, organization and places in the first draft so that you might not get confused to identify the collected data later on. It causes you waste of time to determine that which information you received from whom.
5) Make Your Thesis Unambiguous:
Ambiguity and alternate words irritate a reader very easily. Therefore your thesis writing must not lead to ambiguity. In order to do it you can make a significant keyword list which is important to your research. Now you should use the same keyword list in your thesis writing.
6)Use And Describe Tables/Graphs:
Table and graphs always attract the reader and give a quick understanding. You should also introduce and elaborate the tables and graphs in text.
7) Thesis length:
The length of a thesis varies considerably, but is almost always between 10,000 and 30,000 words or 100+ pages.
8) Revise And Edit Your Thesis:
- Proof read your thesis a few times.
- Check your spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Change any complex sentences into simple ones.
- Ask your friends or seniors to give their comments about your thesis.
- Avoid repeating information and statements.
- Remove any unnecessary and irrelevant information.
- Change any ambiguous statements into unambiguous ones.
- Spell out all acronyms the first time you use in your thesis.
Final Thoughts On Thesis:
- Divided your thesis into different sections. (Use of sample thesis for help).
- Revise your thesis twice or thrice to check for if there is any grammar or spelling mistakes.
- Thesis presentation must be good such as binding, beautiful title page, fonts, any highlighted matter, etc.
- Use different color paper for each draft to identify and refer them easily.
Free eBook on “How to write a thesis statement in less than 30 minutes”